Sharing Works: The Power of Partnership
17th September 2019 – Hilton Templepatrick
We welcome you to register for our SELF 2019 Conference at the Hilton Templepatrick on the 17th of September 2019. This year’s theme is Sharing Works: The Power of Partnership, and our keynote speakers, presenters and students will be discussing how the power of collaboration through Shared Education can be a catalyst for change in our schools.
Shared Education has been embraced by over 700 schools in Northern Ireland with more than 70,000 young people participating. This conference is about celebrating the success of working in partnerships, for children, school staff and their communities.
Our Keynote address will be given by John Carnochan OBE QPM (hon.) LLD FFPH
John was, until February 2013, a Detective Chief Superintendent with Strathclyde Police. He was a police officer for almost 39 years working mostly as a Detective. He was involved in various roles in the investigation of serious crime.
In January 2005, together with a colleague, John established the Violence Reduction Unit with the aim of developing a strategy that would bring about sustainable reductions in violence within Strathclyde. In April 2006, the VRU assumed a Scotland wide role and continues to be supported by the Scottish Government. Their fundamental tenet is that “violence is preventable – not inevitable”.
He is an inspirational public speaker and regularly presents at conferences, seminars and universities throughout the UK and internationally.
John’s work over the years has demonstrated what is possible when effective partnerships develop and stakeholders collaborate to make a difference. He is a passionate advocate of prevention, whole system thinking, early years and effective collaboration. John also believes in the importance of human relationships and acknowledging the value of “being human.”
Other conference items include:
Research Findings Presentations
Professor Tony Gallagher Moving Forward with Community Connections
Professor Joanne Hughes Mainstreaming of Shared Education
Sharing Works in Practice Presentations from Schools
- A Partnership Approach to Teachers’ Professional Learning and School Improvement
- A Partnership Approach to Building Community Connections
Additional keynote speakers will be announced very soon.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up now- click ‘Register Here’ above. We look forward to seeing you there!
SELF on Twitter
- RT @SharedEdWeek : Thanks @Poyntzpass_PS for sharing your plans for SE Week. They're coming together with St Joseph&StJames' PS Poyntzpass t… 10 months ago
- RT @SharedEdWeek : Planning your SE activities for 2018/2019? Download our free Key Stage 1,2&3 lesson plans specially developed for SE Wee… 10 months ago
- RT @SharedEdWeek : Thanks @BallycastleHigh @HSBallynahinch @stronansps for sharing your plans for SE Week... lots taking place incl. #Shared… 10 months ago
- Looking forward to the conferences and to hearing about all the great #SharedEducation work taking place http://t.co/v4kG4t3Ldn 10 months ago
- RT @St_Malachys : Working in harmony! On Tuesday 25 September, Irish Traditional Musicians from B.R.A and St. Malachy’s had a great time mak… 10 months ago